Rainbow Village Dedicates A Home In Tribute To Local Philanthropy
Rainbow Village, a local non-profit that provides safe and affordable homes for people with developmental disabilities, is dedicating one of its homes to honor the Harvey Kornblum Foundation's generous gift to the Say Yes! Capital Campaign. The dedication ceremony on Wednesday, June 27 at 10:30am will include the unveiling of a plaque to memorialize the Harvey Kornblum Foundation's generous gift. |
There is an urgent need for more neighborhood homes for people with developmental disabilities. As the lifespan of persons with developmental disabilities increases there is a greater need for quality homes that can meet the individual needs of each resident. Our goal is to provide safe, affordable, long-term homes allowing our residents to have a real home in the community.
IN ATTENDANCE WILL BE:
- Mike Rea, Director of Development & Community Relations, Rainbow Village
- Beth Bushke, President, Rainbow Village Board of Directors
- Michelle Murray, Rainbow Village Capital Campaign Chair
- Missouri Representative, Jill Schupp
- Missouri Representative, Tracy McCreery
- Refreshments will be served. Media will have the opportunity to interview the Kornblum
- Foundation trustees and Rainbow Village officials.
Rainbow Village is the only non-profit in the St. Louis metropolitan area that focuses solely on providing long-term, affordable, quality, neighborhood homes for people with developmental disabilities. Over 240 men and women live in Rainbow Village's 55 homes. By maintaining the homes to the highest standards and constantly monitoring them to assess residents' needs, Rainbow Village is able to improve the quality of life for many area individuals with developmental disabilities. For more information please visit .rainbowvillagestl.org.