Communications & Development SpecialistJob Category: Marketing/Comm/PR Job Status: Full-Time Job Location: St Louis, Missouri Details: Position Overview:
This mission centered full-time position, under the supervision of the Communications and Development Manager, is primarily responsible for publication production, media relations and assisting in communications and fundraising projects.
• Oversee production of Foundation newsletters including generating topics, writing articles and coordinating print production
• Maintain and provide content updates for company web sites and social media accounts
• Generate newsworthy press releases and distribute/pitch stories to media personnel
• Build and maintain relationships with media in our service areas
• Work in collaboration with graphic design staff to create promotional and educational resources and collateral
• Write and generate fundraising appeals and gift acknowledgments
• Research potential grant sources and current needs for grant funding internally; assist with writing and preparation of grant proposals
• Track Lions club giving to produce notification for awards and monthly statistical reports
• Assist in planning and coordinating quarterly Board of Directors meetings including preparing reports and taking meeting minutes
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience required. Experience in nonprofit communications and fundraising preferred. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by foundation.
How To Apply: To apply, visit www.mlerf.org/careers to upload your cover letter and resume. No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation and Heartland Lions Eye Banks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Organization: Missouri Lions Eye Research Foundation Organization Type: Health