Foster ParentOrganization: Tenth Life Cat Rescue Address: your home, St. Louis, Missouri 63118 Job Title: Foster Parent Focus Areas: Animals Duration: Part-Time Ongoing Minimum Age: 18 Details: Fostering is an extremely rewarding job! Fosters are directly and actively helping to fulfill the mission of Tenth Life Cat Rescue by providing love and daily necessities to cats awaiting their permanent, loving homes. Cats are much happier in a home environment than in a cage in a shelter somewhere, so take heart that you are making a catīs life better, even if itīs only a temporary arrangement.
That said, fostering is also work! Foster Parents are responsible for the following:
* Provide nutritional food and fresh water daily to the Foster Cat in your care.
* Give your Foster Cat lots of love, play and attention. If your other pets are amenable to it, let your Foster Cat intermingle and play with them.
* Take your Foster Cat to veterinary appointments as needed (Tenth Life pays all vet bills).
* Actively pursue an adoptive home for your Foster Cat. Tenth Life agrees to list adoptable cats on www.tenthlifecats.org, www.petfinder.com, www.adoptapet.com, and www.petadoptionportal.org. You may take any other steps you wish to help find the cat a home. Email and call family and friends, list your cat on www.craigslist.org, place posters around your neighborhood, or any other great ideas you may have!
* Attend adoption events at local businesses. People often need to see a kitty in order to fall in love, so bringing your Foster Cat into the public dramatically increases his/her chances of being adopted.
* Please take the time to read your Foster Manual thoroughly (contact us for the manual). It will answer many questions you might have about fostering, Tenth Life itself, and cats in general. Contact/How To Apply: email@example.com