Audiology DepartmentOrganization: Center for Hearing & Speech Address: 9835 Manchester Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63119 Job Title: Audiology Volunteer Focus Areas: Community, Health & Medicine Duration: Part-Time Ongoing Minimum Age: 15 Details: Overview of the position: Help with clerical duties, cleaning and basic hearing aid tasks.
* Make pick-up calls for hearing aids
* Check in new hearing aids when they arrive from the factory and donated hearing aid batteries
* Calling clients when their hearing aid is ready to be picked up
* Sanitize audiology booths and toys
* Administrative support such as filing client charts, helping prepare new client paperwork, pulling client charts and making reminder phone calls
* Restock forms and supplies in each of the audiology rooms when needed
* Breaking down hearing aid boxes for recycle
* Box and prepare mailing for hearing aids that need to be sent for repairs
Time Commitment: Flexible, approximately 1-2x per week, 2-3 hours is preferred
*Age requirements: must be at least 15 years of age
*Training required: on-site training from Audiologists and support staff
Benefits to the Volunteer:
Learn about hearing loss and hearing aids, provide support to Audiologists and help the Center work to fulfill its Mission. Volunteers will also increase their organizational and communication skills. Community service is always a plus on any resume. Contact/How To Apply: Email, Chelsey Brown, Volunteer Coordinator for more information at email@example.com
All interested volunteers will need to complete the Volunteer Interest Form (http://www.hearing-speechstlouis.org/documents/volunteerinterestform.pdf) and attend a volunteer orientation.
To learn more about the Center and our volunteer positions: http://www.hearing-speechstlouis.org/donate_your_time.php